Thursday, September 24, 2009

Behind the Rebranding Campaign of Wal-Mart’s Scarlet Woman | Fast Company

This was a useless article, but much like a car crash. You can't look away. It is a sad, twisted tale. I am still trying to sort out the meaning of this story.

Behind the Rebranding Campaign of Wal-Mart’s Scarlet Woman | Fast Company

Perhaps sometimes people and companies get what they deserve.

Perhaps sometimes we need to understand that newspaper and magazine articles only tell one dimension of a story.

Perhaps Julie had the wrong values.

Perhaps Wal Mart couldn't handle an edgy woman.

And perhaps Julie shouldn't have agreed to do this article...I am not judging her behavior or performance at Wal Mart. I am just saying that if I were advising her on her PR and career, I would have counseled against doing this.

But the sun is a strong lure for Icarus.



Posted using ShareThis

No comments: