Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tell Me Who Your Are Brands Are

What are your favorite brands? Or what are those products you uses loyally?

List out five or ten.

What does this list say about you? About your interests? Your personality?

Great brands get their customers to associate their own personalities with the brand. "I am a Mac guy." "I have to have Starbucks." "I love BMW." "Can't live without my Red Sox." "Love the New York Times." Whatever your list looks like, brands both reflect and inform our personalities.

Certainly some people are more brand driven or brand loyal. But each one of us has our own brand, some might call it reputation, others personae. But we each stand for something in the eyes of others. To what extent are each of our personal brands defined or shaped by the brands we consume, relate to and embrace.

There is an old Colombian saying that states, "tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are." Can it be the same with brands? Tell me who your brands are and I will tell you who you are.


No comments: